Double Girder Type E.O.T. Cranes
SOK make electrically overhead traveling cranes are designed & manufactured in accordance with IS: 3177 and IS :4137. The structural parts of the cranes are designed in as per with IS: 807 and IS: 800. Our cranes are manufactured with standard components and controls to ensure reliability.
Double girder crane designs can use the same rolled steel sections within the limits imposed by available sizes. For higher capacities and longer spans, box girders are the usual choice. The hoist is part of a crab which usually runs on rails on the top of the bridge beams so that, when lifted up to its maximum height, the hook is between the beams, keeping the headroom required to a minimum.
Range of Specifications:
1. Safe Working Load: 500 kgs to 50,000 kgs
2. Span: 30 mtrs
3. Height of Lift: As per customer specifications
4. Class of Duty / Standards: M5 to M8 as per IS 3177 / IS 807
5. Speeds: As per clients’ specification / application.
6. Crane Control: From floor through Pendant Push Buttons, Optionally through Radio Remote Control / cabin with master control
7. Drive System: Twin Drive through Squirrel Cage Induction Geared Motors with built-in fail safe brakes
8. Motors: Squirrel Cage Induction / Slipring Crane duty motors, IP 55 enclosure, S4 duty, 40% CDF
9. Brakes: ACEM / DCEM disc type brakes, Shoe type brakes for Hoist, CT & LT motion
10. Power Supply System: To Hoist and Cross Travel through C-Rail Cable system / Cable Drag Chain To Crane through Shrouded Bus Bars / Trailing Cable / MS Angle Iron Conductors / Bare Copper Conductors (depending on customer’s choice and application)
The next option is the under-slung crane, which runs on the bottom flanges of rolled steel beams which form the crane tracks. These are usually indoor cranes and the crane tracks are suspended from the building structure. They have the advantage of being able to cover part of the building span without obstructing the floor below. Latest in this type are light weight crane systems wherein hollow sections are used as track sections inside which the travel trolley wheels move. These track sections can be used for the long travel tracks and also for the crane bridge.
The under-slung arrangement allows the bridge of this type of crane to be designed with a cantilever at one or both ends.